Renewable sources of energy can be replaced.
- Solar energy is the solar radiation that reaches the Earth.
- Wind energy is mainly used to produce electricity.
- Hydropower is a source of electricity.
- Geothermal energy is the heat from the Earth.
We use a lot of energy in our homes, in businesses, in industry, and for personal travel and transporting goods.
There are four major sectors that consume energy:
· The industrial sector includes facilities and equipment used for manufacturing, agriculture, mining, and construction.
· The transportation sector comprises vehicles that transport people or goods, such as: cars, trucks, buses, motorcycles, trains, subways, aircraft, boats, barges, and even hot air balloons.
· The residential sector consists of homes and apartments.
· The commercial sector includes buildings such as offices, malls, stores, schools, hospitals, hotels, warehouses, restaurants, places of worship, and more.